Our Guiding Principles
Bell Tower Advisors is a boutique, fee-only, financial advisory firm specializing in serving women and like-minded men. Our mission is to give women trusted, confidential and easy-to-understand financial and investment advice, using an educational and down-to-earth approach in a non-traditional (i.e. comfortable and unpretentious) environment.
We are proud to identify the following characteristics as key drivers of our business philosophy:
- We are independent. We are not affiliated with any bank, brokerage, or insurance company, and our advice is completely unbiased, objective, and is provided only in the best interest of our clients.
- We are fee-only. This means that fees received by the firm are generated “only” by the clients we serve. We receive no commissions, kickbacks or referral fees from anyone or any firm, thereby retaining our unbiased approach. Our fee-only approach allows us to align our goals directly with our clients, unlike arrangements with many brokers, bankers or insurance agents.
- We act as fiduciaries on behalf of our clients. As a Registered Investment Advisor, we have a legal obligation to put our clients’ interests ahead of our own. Brokers do not have this obligation but are instead held only to a “Suitability” standard. We provide comprehensive and continuous investment advice, which also differs from the transactional mindset of brokers and bankers.
- We take an educational approach. We believe it is imperative that our clients understand the issues involved in various decisions, and play an integral role in the process.
- We specialize in serving women because many women have unique communication and learning styles as well as unique experiences with finances and investments. It has been our experience that women have been underserved by this profession.
- We are committed to managing a practice that serves a limited number of clients extremely well. Our goal is not growth for growth’s sake, but to develop trusting and long term relationships with our clients who likewise desire this type of relationship with an advisor who is totally in their corner.